Current iteration: Hackaday Superconference
Getting Started & Materials
- Environment setup: setting up your machine to hack USB -- and run the exercises
- Quick guide: flashing your target ('victim') boards
- Workshop Exercises and Mini-CTF Challenges
Differing events and timeslots mean we won't always make it through this list, but here's a rough order:
- 1: Slides: Introduction
- 2: Tutorial: Setting Up Your Environment
- 3: Demo: $4 USB Analysis with Sigrok & PulseView
- 4: Slides: USB Control Requests: a firmware-ish view
- 5: Demo: Asking Devices to Describe Themselves
- 6: Exercise 1: Exploring Vendor Requests
- 7: Demos: A single solution to Excercise 1 and some more techniques.
- 8: Exercise 2: Mis-using USB
- 9: Demos: A singles solution to Excercise 2.
- 10: Exercise 3: Exploiting USB
- 11: Demos: Demo buffet! As many cool things as we can show you in the time left.
- BeyondLogic's USB in a Nutshell
- USB 2.0 Specification
Hardware and Software Tools